West Columbia, SC (July 17, 2017, 5:04 PM) – The connection of new water lines on Rainbow Drive will require a disruption in service for City of West Columbia water customers on Tuesday, July 18, 2017, from 9 AM – 4 PM, for the following addresses (see attached map):
• All addresses on Morningdale Drive
• All addresses on Dalewood Drive
• All addresses on Bensmin Drive
• 2800 Block of Kirkwood Drive
• 2900 Block of Rainbow Drive
• 2900, 2902, 2903 Sandelwood Lane
A map of the affected area is attached to this news release. Once the water lines are relocated and water service is restored water does not need to be boiled.
Service was restored to the following addresses today, and water will not need to be boiled:
• All addresses on Shampy Street
• 2800 Block of Wilton Road
• 2800 Block of Franklin Street
Water customers may check the City of West Columbia website, at www.westcolumbiasc.gov, for updates on the boil water advisory.
Water customers may also contact customer service at City Hall between 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday at 803-791-1880. Emergencies occurring after hours and on weekends and holidays should be reported to the West Columbia Police Department at 803-794-0721.